Sunday, June 29, 2014

You know what the best part is... no lawn mowers!

all the single ladies

happy hour

Grandma and Grandpa have moved to town! You know what the best part is? No lawn mowers! Apparently, there is an epidemic of gratuitous lawn mowing in Winona that drove them batty - they are thrilled to hear...nothing.  The girls and I started the day by driving over and waking up G & G who were still sleeping at 8:30 (the nerve!) and having them cook us breakfast. I knew I would like having them in town! We thought about taking the Green line to the PRIDE parade today, but it was just so darn sunny so we had to hit the pool instead. My girls have turned in to water babes as well as best friends who giggle, tell secrets, and conspire against me shortly before hitting and screaming at each other.

let's just say Hen "walked on" for a spot in Nori's tennis lessons
Luther friends fiesta

Nori had two camps at Como Zoo: Dinosaur Times and Hives, Holes, and Animal Homes. Add in swimming and tennis lessons, plus birthday parties and she officially has done more this week alone than I did in my entire childhood. I spent my summers at Jackie's house eating leftover goulash and playing with Gabe who still wets the bed (no offense to my bed wetting readers).

Anna's awesome FROZEN art birthday party
we now own two custom Olaf pieces
Despicable Me Party 

by the power of Grayskull...

Ugh, my pain issues linger. It recently dawned on  me that when we want to help people with an illness, we raise money by running a 5K or biking hundreds of miles. Jake & I raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society when  my mom was sick by training for a marathon. Did we ever stop to ask the Leukemians or Lymphomaniacs what they want? I am sure they would say "A marathon? Stop showing off, you are just making us feel worse!".  Not that I am the poster child for chronic pain (but I could be, call me!), but if you really want to help people coping with a hard time, sit down, relax, and let your cellulite show. It makes us feel less alone. I'm defeated and slightly hopeless about the chronic state of my painful legs. It sucks to hurt and it sucks to not be able to do any exercise/activity, ever. Pity party right here.



he's with gimpy. jealous?

I am a lady a few words (unless they are photo captions) and not big on public displays of affection (unless it is for cookie dough), but I have to say how grateful I am for the lanky yet loyal Jake Seltz who cheers me up when I am blue and helps me feel whole even when I hurt. He gets it and he gets me.


pre-colonoscopy hijinks

You thought Barbie had unrealistic measurements, check out He-Man. Now there's a bod you don't see every day.  I was more excited to find the He-Man stash that Jake was. You guys, Skunk Man still smells skunky! Moss Man still smells mossy! It's a a time warp.



we have boy toys...

imagine the fan fiction




1 comment: