Monday, June 2, 2014

we now have two school girls!

Today was Henny's first day of preschool!

Photo bomb 2014 - Hen's 1st day of preschool
 
Photo bomb 2012 - Nori's 1st day of preschool

We had visited St. Mark's last week so she knew just what to expect today.  Nori & I took her in, set up her cubbie, and took her to the bathroom. We tried to give her extra hugs and kisses, but she was more interested in playing "kitchen". Nori grabbed her face and forced her to smooch on the lips. On the way out, Norelle said, "I am just so happy for her, I am going to cry! No matter how big she gets, she will still be my little sis!".  How cute is that?

She loved it and did great, asking when she can go back to play with her new friends.  This week is half days as Nanny will pick her up at lunchtime. Next week she will be an all day preschooler! No more Nanny, boo hoo! Henny is now an Apple, in the hands of teachers  Ms. Jen and Mr. Joseph!

big girl with wild hair

Sister says it will be fun



 
notes for the lunch box
 

setting up her cubbie

14 kiddos in her class this summer (wearing Nori's old Keens which are way too big)

ready to get her "special spot" on the rug

photo by Norelle

God is love

sister love

okay, you can GO now!
 
Nori lost her second tooth -  she pulled it herself at school after Frau Gollmer warned she had three minutes to get it out or she was pulling it. Nori left the Tooth Fairy a note that said "Are you a girl or a boy?". The Tooth Fairy replied he/she is gender neutral and prefers not identify in order to avoid being held to antiquated societal gender expectations.

now 4 dollars richer

poster about Nori for school- she had to explain it in German


We had a much needed low-key weekend!  We had a fun play date with my co-worker AJ and her daughter, Eden.  Otherwise, we stayed around the house the rest of weekend, except for a walk over to Grand Ave for the Grand Old Day Parade.


end of the parade route - we hit the leftover candy lottery!

it literally rained on our parade

In case you are wondering, Aunt Wendy has been out of the hopsital for a week and is approaching her last chemo treatment with the harsh drugs. Her next round will be with a much better tolerated chemo (or "kemo" as my Dad spelled it) medication so hopefully she will start feeling better once again.


Papa Michael sick of visiting daughters in the hospital, prefers to meet at casino between the slots and buffet!

Oh my gosh, I had to leave work today to go buy a new shirt at Old Navy after the shirt I was wearing got covered in the greasy lidocaine cream I was smearing on my aching legs/back. I know what you are thinking, "Why Megan, don't you already own everything in the Old Navy Summer 2014 line?" Why yes, yes I do! Thanks for noticing. Anyway, still struggling with SI and meralgia parasthetica pain so much that I had to cancel a trip this weekend with two of my favorite people. I am seeing a yet another physical therapist who specializes in these issues. Of course I am.

 
napping on Daddy
 
 
p.s.
We are looking at getting a Prius to replace our '01 Accord and finally have a car that fits in our tiny garage.

p.p.s
I want the Sea Glass Pearl color, but Jake says it isn't manly enough. Is that true?

p.p.p.s
I am having a garage sale to get all the crap out of my garage so the Prius can fit in there.

p.p.p.p.s
All the crap is baby gear... I have come to terms with no more babies since they grow up and turn in to kids.

2 comments:

  1. We need all day summer preschool out in the sticks! I know a 3 year old who would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Ellen and Gender Studies students everywhere appreciate the gender neutral tooth fairy explanation :)

    Also, can I call dibs on the Civic? Since, I have a real job and everything, I could buy it from you... or are you trading it in?

    ReplyDelete