.jpg)
Just having one of those days. You know the kind where your sacrotuberous ligament just won't hold? We've all been there. I don't like to suffer alone, so I need to tell you that next week I am starting a new and kind of drastic therapy. By drastic I mean potentially painful and for sure expensive. (Is that the definition of drastic? I wish there was some where you could look up word definitions). Anyway, I will be having either Prolozone or Prolotherapy or some combination of the two. In either case, the doctor injects a solution in to my ligaments to restart the healing process and hopefully allow the ligaments to lay down new collagen to heal tighter and stronger than before. In Prolozone, they use an ozone gas so there is less pain and faster recovery while with prolotherapy they use a dextrose solution to induce the inflammation/healing process. Both therapies have good results for people who have failed all other conservative treatments. Apparently, I will do anything in the quest for a toned illiolumbar ligament at the beach! Many days pain interferes drastically with my quality of life, so this is a necessary next step for me. If you can sit pain-free to read this, thank your pelvis!
Not my actual butt...
No comments:
Post a Comment