Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh mother

Congratulations to my favorite sibling, Maestro Casey Paldunkle, on graduating from UNI with his Master's in Jazz Pedagogy! The world is your pentatonic scale!



she calls herself "Blondie"

"and then Agassi said to Sampras..."

I almost had the perfect weekend. I won't say it was perfect because I am not on an island writing this, but it was darn good. My girls and I had a peaceful, leisurely day off on Friday filled with lots of outdoor play and good sisterly behavior. We had dinner as a family at The Groveland Tap (which does not serve Jake's new favorite gluten-free beer, Omission).

she is in to poodles right now

working on her tan

playing together all the time???

blowing bubbles is easier when mom does it

she always refers to herself as Henny

wet cement opportunity in the driveway

my world


we are multiplying!


Saturday was very productive! I stayed home to organize, clean and declutter while Jake took the girls to Octavio's 1st birthday party (I hear the aji de gallina was fantastico). Later we meet up with Winona friends for a Girls' Night Out- Family Style at Turpin's house. Erin is the only person I know who hosts huge parties at nine months pregnant and enjoys it! I would so be laying on ice bitching about something that royally hurts.

lip gloss

finally taking down the Christmas lights

must swing daily

the world is her runway

Today I spent the day with my family at home doing the usual Sunday things.  Jake made baby back ribs which are my favorite and apparently Henley's, too. Norelle gave me a plant she grew at school and a sweet homemade card...which also included another not homemade card on child abuse prevention. Since she can't read yet, I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that this was not an insult rather a cute little folded thing she wanted me to have.

the cards

Thanks, honey.

so lucky to be their mom!!



Happy Mother's Day to other mothers in our lives. We love you!

my main mom, Hol

my main MIL, Liz

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laughs! I love your blog! So great to see you guys last night :)

    ReplyDelete