| wearing Sister's big shoes |
If you have noticed this blog getting more boring every week, you are not alone. This week will be no exception. I am barely keeping up with life... I need a professional house cleaner, interior decorator, closet organizer, mental health therapist, personal trainer, chef, stylist, parenting coach, life coach, gardener, scrapbooker, editor, and plastic surgeon, so why would you expect excellence in this area? Every day that I shower and avoid eating my weight in chocolate covered almonds is a success. I hit a new low when a bad lip waxing experience cause a SEVERE PIMPLE MUSTACHE which lasted all week. I ask you, which is worse: a hair mustache or a pimple mustache? I say pimple is much worse. And now, the blemishes are fading just in time for the hair to grow back in.
On the plus side, I spent the whole weekend with my girls and all three of us took long naps every single day! We did run lots of errands and squeeze in a few social interactions, but mostly we just spent the weekend together cuddling, eating, and not combing our hair. On the whole, the sisters played wonderfully together (except when they didn't). The invented a great new game called Pot Roast in which they take a vegetable steamer tray and "make pot roast". This game takes about the same amount of time to play as an actual pot roast takes to cook so it is now my new favorite game. They also played a game where Henny is the Mommy and has to tell Nori what to do and another one which involves wearing a dusty old lampshade on their heads and dancing.
In case I don't say it enough, Jake keeps this family running and I do not know how he got so lucky to be forced to marry me. He grocery shops, cooks, changes diapers (not mine), drive kids to swimming lessons, and jumps at Pump It Up without a complaint. Without him I would have no love, happiness, or structure in my life, nor grass seed in my front lawn. Poor guy has eliminated another twenty food from his diet. So far the list includes: all gluten, yogurt, apples, ripe bananas, onions, garlic, dried fruits, beans, greens, Brussel spouts, asparagus, and coffee. That sound you just heard is us never getting invited anywhere to dinner ever again. But that's okay, cuz he will get groceries and then cook for us so we are good.
p.s.
I am on a subconscious quest to paint every room in my entire house yellow. We painted our living room what I thought was a pale green, but no, it's yellow. Add that to our pale yellow bedroom, pale yellow playroom, pale yellow office, and yellow dining room (which now needs to be painted gray since it is adjacent to the new yellow living room). BTB, my Papa Michael answers the phone by saying "Y'ellow" so I will pretend this is a tribute to him.
p.p.s.
Henley might be a psychic medium! As I was tucking her in to bed tonight we said goodnight to Papa Bill in heaven and she looked at the ceiling and said she could see him. I asked her what he had to say and she said he said "Mickey Mouse" and then said "see Papa's hand" and reached out her own hand to touch him. This went on for 5 full minutes of her talking about him. It was weird but felt kinda real.
| Nori's hair is puffed from Henny ripping a gob of it out |
| love & war |
| playing "pot roast" |
| Cuatro de Mayo celebrations |
| Sturgis 2025 |
| she can stop "hitting the earth for the bad weather" |
| finally mastering the baby park at age 5 |
| and at age 1 |
| "this is as high as it is safe to go" |
| she clapped & cheered when she saw the park |
| Jake improvises an adult swing |
No comments:
Post a Comment