Monday, August 4, 2014

99 miles hour per hour, baby

don't trust them with sharp objects


Recent summer life highlights include:
  • night out at Butcher and The Boar to celebrate Pat's 38th birthday
  • swimming at Highland pool
  • our anniversary day date on 50th & France complete with shopping, a couples massage, and lunch at Mozza Mia
  • swimming lessons
  • seafood boil, pool party and smore's 
  • dinners on the porch 
  • swimming 
  • eating tons of peaches and cherries
  • anniversary dinner at G&G's
  • and more swimming...

Makenna shows us how it is done
Coach Liam approves of the feet first dive

Norelle thinks she is Michael Phelps. Less than 6 months ago she would not put her face in the water,  now she is jumping off the diving board in to the deep end of the pool. I wish Foss offered bike riding lessons. She says swimming is her "favorite thing in the whole wide world!". We have not seen passion like this from her since she started wearing 6 layers of skirts every day. She also wants to learn to sew and make  fabrics so she can create her own fashion line.  I can't imagine how bulky and hot her swimwear will be. She has gained so much confidence and maturity this summer!

this one

Henny is our comedian, but also a kissing bandit. She loves to come and kiss your leg or shoulder, just because she is so sweet. She says to me "you are cute!" and "your hair is fancy!" and "You look gor-juss!". Needless to say, I like her. She loves her family, reading books, and singing along to every song on the radio. She told Jake he "smells like Mr. Jo-fuss", her teacher at school. Must be the hair gel? I need to get a whiff of Mr. Joseph to find out. Henny is at the stage where if she takes a nap, she is up until 10 p.m. which means we can't relax so some days we skip the nap and go! go! go!

I am THREE!!!
she can also swing in German


This is my first summer with two kids. I mean, I have done summers with a baby, summers with a toddler, summers with a kid and a baby, summers with a kid and a toddler, and now finally, a summer with  TWO KIDS! Two kids = constant activity + lots of snacks.  The second they awake at 5:43 a.m., they are talking about going swimming. I have washed beach towels more time than I can count and I love it!

her outfit for camp today

happy girl

Jake & I celebrated 13 years of marriage. What's the secret you ask? I let him play tennis and he lets me shop. Plus, we love each other tons.



Both Grandma and Grandpa are officially retired and live in St. Paul! Let the babysitting commence!

they have already baked Monster cookies twice

he has his own bobblehead


p.s. the fake poo and whoopee cushion (a.k.a. the "Toot Fart Thing") are providing weeks of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment