Wow, there are a lot of Spring birthdays! But first, the funeral...
Grandma Liz & Grandpa Steve came up for the weekend to attend Great Grandpa Dicks' military memorial at Fort Snelling Cemetery. Dick passed away in the fall 2012 and donated his body to science. Jake & Henny went to the memorial and I hear Hen was not fan of the 21 gun salute. Later, the whole Seltz family had lunch at the Raddison and probably talked about baseball in honor of Dick who played and coached.
 |
| We miss you! |
 |
| coming soon to Saint Paul in June 2014! |
Friday night Jake & I snuck in a dinner date out alone which was great since he was gone all week. Later, we celebrated Uncle Dales's 70th birthday at Midland Hills Country Club. Dale was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia last summer and he is doing pretty good as long as he has someone around him to help. Over 150 friends and family came to the party! We got to spend some quality time chatting with cousins Michael & Abby who are way cooler than we ever could be. You should have seen the dance floor light up when the Electric Slide came on. I seized this opportunity to scrounge discarded plates for any remaining mini chocolate cupcakes.
 |
| curly and Curly |
 |
| can you tell we are related? |
 |
| Dale is 100-30 |
 |
cousins of the year
|
Next up was a very Spiderman infested party for Graham's 3rd birthday! It was a gorgeous, sunny day and we got to eat and play outside in McIntyre's spacious big backyard . True, I think everyone has a spacious backyard. The kids enjoyed chasing each other and eating Pat's chicken wings. (Clarification: the chickens wings that Pat made). In other news, my special buddy, Andy Ho, exceeded his f
undraising goal for the MS 150 and now needs to have his legs waxed. I have volunteered to record the event and/or wax them myself . Kelly Clarkson!
 |
| slide buddies |
 |
| Look who's 3! |
 |
| she loves the wings! |
 |
| speaking of chicken wings... |
 |
| flower power Lo Lo |
 |
| Birthday boy's mom's expression |
 |
| Birthday boy's dad's expression |
 |
| Happy Birthday Dear Grahammy!!! |
 |
| Big brother Liam |
BREAKING NEWS: we ate breakfast outside on our porch today!! The good times have finally arrived! Nori & I went shopping for outdoor flowers before she went to celebrate Annika Y's (known as Annika Upsilon in German) at the Raptor Center. The kids had a blast learning about birds of prey.
 |
| Upsilon and Nori |
Oh yeah, and we hung with these kiddos, too!
 |
| I'm going to be a Gramsie! |
 |
| Big sister crowned little sister |
 |
| she needs LASIK |
 |
| and the dog finally got a bath! |
p.s.
I have had a really crappy month with intense pain since my last prolotherapy treatment. I am getting severe leg and groin pain, which I assumed was referred from my SI joint dysfunction. I was miserable and in daily pain since Easter. Turns out it is coming from two pinched nerves in each groin - the condition is called
meralgia parasthetico. I am on two new medications, one is a steroid to reduce the swelling and another to block pain signals to my brain. I am already feeling better, but I go for a 90 minute spine and pelvic MRI on Friday. I have the best doctor ever who takes the time to hear what is going on and always believes me, no matter how many new maladies I acquire. He suspects I have some sort of as yet undiscovered genetic predisposition for pain sensitivity combined with overly flexible soft tissue that injures easily. Maybe I will get a disease named after me!
You and Kelly are so seperated at birth! (hope you start feeling better!)
ReplyDelete