Sunday, March 9, 2014

ROAR!

Do you too feel like a polar bear coming out of your snowy den into the world again? Could this brutal winter be ending? How on earth have we survived? With the sunlight and longer days, I am starting to feel alive again. Pretty soon I might get out of my pajamas.

Oh, what have you missed? Not much, we have been doing the usual things in the usual ways. Nori's school had a Carnival of Cultures and each grade sang songs in languages from cultures around the world.  The Kindergartners sang in German , but we didn't understand that any better than the songs in Zulu.  We had a few play dates with friends, a  few meals out, and two notably awful meals in cooked by yours truly (the first was roasted Brussel sprouts and cauliflower. That's all. The second was gluey mashed potatoes and watery shrimp scampi. I have no talents in this life). We have had some flu issues so generally there has been lots of cuddling and buckets being toted around. Henny knows all of the words to the songs on Cities 97, even some of the singers like her fav, Katy Perry.  "I am a champion, and you gonna' hear me RO-AR".


ready to siiiiing!

Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!

showtime

It is a weird time of year for me. Last year at this time my dad was dying. I can't help but think back to all the hospitalizations and drama that unfolded in those final weeks. I also think of the love and how close we became that last year of his life. I found his cell phone and downloaded the photos off it, including the last photos of him and I, taken the day before he died. It still does not seem real. I wonder if it ever will? I miss him!

he devoured that ice cream sundae, his last meal (3/22/13)

fight the power


In happier news, my Aunt Wendy is doing pretty well after her double mastectomy (yes, I got emails inquiring so people care). She does not have to do radiation but does start chemo in the near future. They found two different types of tumor cells, one more aggressive than the other so that will dictate which chemo drugs they use. We don't do illnesses small in my family. If you are going to get tumor, get two tumors!  Why not make it a 20lb-er while you are it? Going in the hospital? Stay for nine months! Hurt your back giving birth? Of course you did!

our weekly pool date

Guess who is swimming underwater now?

total Mommy's girl. I love it.

sweet girl
 
Looking forward to Jake's blog from the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament? Me too. He is super excited, mainly because all the pros (who grace the covers of the Tennis magazines in my bathroom) will be there. I am looking even more forward to joining him there after the tournament for 5 days by the pool, no goggles or swim toys allowed.

1 comment:

  1. Norelle is the most photogenic child I have ever seen! I miss seeing you guys...love you!!!!

    Anonymous Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete