Sunday, February 16, 2014

misc.



This is a catch up post to cover all of the trivial and not so trivial things I have missed. And, it is going to be complimented by random old photos I found on Jake's iPhone. Excited?

1.     My Aunt Wendy goes in for a double mastectomy tomorrow so please keep her in your prayers. She's not letting that fact slow her down though, she spent the weekend in Vegas enjoying some final moments with her boobs.



2.     Prolotherapy is miraculous and my back pain is much improved! I was able to be super active on vacation with little to no pain. I had another treatment this week and he used a stronger irritant (on purpose to cause more inflammation and therefore increased healing reaction) so I am in a lot of pain at the moment but optimistic this will work for me. Still going to pool PT, too. 


3.     Some online "friends" who also suffer with Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction have created a foundation to raise awareness, educate, and support people with this complicated and often disabling diagnosis. Check it out!


4.     Jake is going to be a guest blogger for the USTA about his experience at the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament next month. I gave him all of my expert blogging advice gained throughout the years including: skip words, screw proper grammar and punctuation, and make fun of your mother often.


5.     We need to have an intervention for my mother about her wordy posts on Facebook. She needs the Twitter character limit enforced. She is the Queen of TMI!



6.      Jake is travelling for work a lot this month so I have to summon my inner Missy Ho and single parent the crap out of my kids (her husband travels weekly, FYI)



7.     We are participating in a walk for Nori's classmate, Etienne, to raise money for juvenile diabetes. Consider sponsoring us? So far we have raised zero bucks.



8.     No Disney photos yet, stay tuned. They are so cute you are going to die.



p.s. I think I still have kids but I have hardly seen them this weekend -- all they want to do is play together all.day.long. I am only good for providing snacks.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your aunt Wendy.
    My mom has a problem on FB where she will write 3 sentences with zero punctuation. Full run-on sentences... drives me nutz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of your Wendy and the whole fam who will rally for her! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete