Sunday, November 24, 2013

break the walls


we are out there


Guess who went to a real concert? Us! Jake is a big fan of Fitz and The Tantrums so we had a real date with dinner and live music on a Thursday night. We enjoyed the opening act, Capital Cities, a lot too which was a fun surprise. True, Jake spent most of the concert in the middle of the crowd while I snuck in to the disability seating area and sat around making new friends who wore white retiree shoes.

DIY crowns for the queens, made by Nori



All is well! Norelle has nine days off in a row so she is enjoying vacation by waking up at 5:30 a.m. ready to rumble. The honeymoon phase between the sisters has worn off and sweet playing has been replaced by fighting and name calling with swears like "meanie" and "butt" being tossed around constantly. My favorite is when they gang up on us and refer to us as "meanie parents". Even Henny will yell "PARENTS" when she wants something from us. I have tried to instill the fear of Santa's Naughty List on them which results in Nori intentionally provoking Henny in order to get her little sister on the Naughty List.  Henny is struggling to share so it's not hard to set her off. We have lost all control!  Today we declared it Family Game  Day so we played CandyLand, Spot It, One Fish  Two Red Fish Blue Fish, and Gone Fishing. In related news, tonight will have salmon for supper.


Yay!! we visited Sarah & Francisco with their new baby girl, Noelle!

No "L"? More like no "R"!
just loving each other


I know I said I would try harder on this post but you know me, I never actually follow through. Really. you had to have seen this coming.





2 comments: