I have been enjoying my sabbatical from NotSoS, but all good sabbaticals must come to an end! It is my role, as family historian, to skew history by remembering only the loveliest moments and posting only the most flattering photos in order for my children to remember and praise me as the best motha effer ever. With summer approaching, there are many upcoming festivities I want to capture so it's time to get back at it. Unless I feel like quiting again, in which case I will.
What's new, you ask? Well, Jake has taken up swimming. 3 mornings a week he wakes up at 5:00 a.m. to go swim before work. If you see him, mention how toned his arms are, he likes that. The girls are as unruly and lovable as ever. Nori is crafting her mother into crazytown (what to do with all the paper schnippels and glued creations). She is speaking her second language like a true German, tutoring with Frau Alves, her German Intern, on improving her reading, and even has a line in a play. Henny is the boss of the world, as she should be. She can debate an argument and just like her father, she is always right. We introduced the iPad which means she spends too much time on YouTube watching adults play with Disney toys. Nor & Hen are still the best of sisters and very loyal to one another.They love Star Wars and nighly dance parties. Grandma & Grandpa spend a lot of time with them and Gramise comes to visit when she can get away from her job as the Hot Bun Lady of Bloedow's. My health issues are gradually improving, thanks to endorphins from deep water workouts, a meditation practice, and my new thing, (I always have a new thing),
Feldenkrais! My job is turning in to a career, much to my dismay. I am super busy with Construction Management students and program development. I am also excited to co-teach a real college course next fall at the U of M through the Center for Spirituality and Healing titled, "Living on Purpose". Don't worry, I will still make time for reality television and gossip blogs. Oh, and eating Chicago mix popcorn. Someone stop me.
Here's what's been going down since my last post...
Welcome back! You have been missed!
ReplyDelete