Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Guten morgen!

Guess who started her German class this week?!? I can now greet people, ask their names, and say goodbye.  I work with several German speakers who allow me to mutilate their beloved language daily. No one will be more relieved than my fellow CCE employees Frau Haench, Frau Reilly and Herr Hilger when I improve my skills. Free tutors!


1st night of soccer with Coach Daddy

rare moment of caring about the game

pre-game warm ups

Nori enjoyed her first week of school and noticed her teacher is "getting nicer" as the week wore on. She made new friends in Veronika (which was MY fake name at the bar in college on the rare occasions a boy spoke to me) and Ester (which would have been a better fake name to deter unwanted attention). Henny started in the Star Room with a new teacher, Miss Kelly, but in true second child form, I didn't take any first day photos. I thought about faking them by taking them on the third day, but then I figured some Internet hack who reads this blog (my mom) would find the date stamp on the photo and call me out. Her teaches says she is a "leader" which is code for bossypants.


better than Chuck E Cheese


Missy hosted a Hot Wheels birthday party any 8-year-old boy would looooove, complete with Hot Wheels plates, balloons, and even a race track for a centerpiece!!! Only it was for her 37-year-old husband. She and I had more fun with the festive theme than he did. Andy may have gotten his break as a wee lad in a Dinty Moore commercial, but he rose to fame as a frequent guest on this blog. My loyal readers (my mom) look forward to a Ho sighting now and then. The good news is that I now know his computer and iPhone passwords. Up next: hacking in to his  frequent flyer miles account for a free trip to Japan!


this dog ate our family heirloom

We did have two tragedies at the party. First, I totally forgot to break out the whoopee cushion (a.k.a. "toot/fart thing") in front of Andy's work colleagues. Secondly, our prized pile of fake dog poo was eaten by one of the dogs!!!! No, not Kona the one who actually eats real poo. The other one, Kirby, who apparently prefers fake poo. He could have eaten the less valuable fake "turd", but noooo he opted for the more realistic "pile" of poo which also meant we could not use it on said work colleagues. If you ever want to make an investment in fun, fake poo and whoopee cushions all the way.


Not Charlie Seltz (why yes, she is wearing a brooch)


You may not know this about Jake's extended family but Seltzes are all "Hooray! One For All and All For One!! Give me an "S"! Give me an "E"! Give me an "L"!!!!".   We attended a surprise baby shower for some cousin of a cousin, but once a Seltz, always Seltz... so a party was thrown!!  I had to leave early after we had to draw numbers for seating (if there is one thing this introvert likes, it is picking her own seat. over in the corner. so she does not need to talk to anyone.). Where is Ellen when I need her? We did get to hang with Grandma Rosie which is always fun!

Auf wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment