Sunday, September 8, 2013

glory be!

Hello again! It is me, who else. How was your first week of September? Did you ever talk to your doctor about that rash?
this is basically our new pet, she lives outside of our kitchen window and we are obsessed with her

my favorite curl - boing!



Nori had a marvelous first week of school! She has been in a great mood, making new friends and loves her teachers "Miss Frau Heindl" and "Miss Frau I Can’t Remember Her Name", the German intern teacher. I am expecting the novelty of school to wear off shortly, but right now she is happy as can be. She also started swimming lessons today, her fourth time through this level – hey, she is improving as her confidence builds!



Henny and I attended our first KaffeeKlatch on Friday morning after drop off where we got to meet many other moms and sibling of TCGIS kids.  I especially enjoyed connecting with the other moms of girls in her class. Everyone was really friendly and no one bothered to shower or put on makeup, so I liked them immediately. HC and I had a lonely first Friday without Norelle, but it sure was easier having just one kid who takes naps.







Other weekend events included a disastrous night out at Brasa with the Anderson Family that started with Henny refusing to be good for more than five seconds and ended with a parking ticket. On Saturday, my girls played nicely together outside with the hose all day before the babysitter came when Jake & I went out on the town to celebrate Andy's 36th birthday at Salsa a la Salsa. I think they put something in my drinks that caused me to wake up with a headache this morning?

Modeling his Andy pasties
not impressed
she gets me...sometimes.
oh yeah, we were home by 10!
birthday dude


Rambling on, I have survived three weeks being gluten-free and it has been really easy, which surprises me! My back pain is much less not due to lack of gluten, rather my new and improved glutes.  I am making progress on my physical therapy so much so that the joint is popping out much less often and I can even pop it back my own damn self using my glute muscles. Don’t worry, I won’t show you. So grateful when modern medicine and science actually help. Just thought I should reverse complain, for once.

Up this week: Nori & Henley both start ballet/tap classes, Jake goes to Decorah for the Alumni Tennis Tournament and maybe I should start packing for Spain?

No comments:

Post a Comment