 |
| girl power |
Sundays used to mean a clean house and a leisurely day at home, gearing up for the "big work week ahead". I now skid into Sundays, after a wild weekend and a debris field in my wake, looking forward to Monday's peace and quiet at work. My, how things change! But we are having fun! We always have fresh, healthy food and clean laundry, but I can not guarantee anything else will be in order come Monday morning -- just ask poor Nanny Theresa.
 |
| my best medicine |
BTB, my back is whack and I am not feeling the best. I taking a very unscientific approach to my pain by treating it with a multitude of remedies including (at various times): Aleve, Tylenol, turmeric, ginger, and fish oil for inflammation, lecithin, Vitamin D (studies show pain decrease with Vitamin D), Vitamin C (for healing SI ligaments), PT, rest, ice, heat, SI injection on Thursday, whining, Thermacare heat wraps, Pain-A-Trate, SI belt, and finally, healthy diet including going GLUTEN-FREE. Jake has welcomed me into his cult! How will I know which one works, if any? Ask me if I care, I just want my back/butt/hips feeling better for Spain!
 |
| our little jock |
Nori had a play date with Nora & Izzy which was awesome because they helped her overcome her fear of riding her bike. Yay for positive peer pressure! She can now ride around the block! Just imagine where she will be at age 12...maybe no training wheels? We also went to a Twins game on Saturday night but the girls associate being at the game with constant eating so they were not happy campers when only allowed one treat (plus the snacks I brought along). Henny kept watch over TC Bear the entire game and was pleasantly surprised when we actually got meet him in the fur. I have no idea who won, don't even ask.
 |
| our little diva |
 |
| impostor |
 |
| the real deal |
 |
| they both worried the glove would close on them |
 |
| Twins |
Achtung baby, it's about to get very Deutche on this blog. Today was the Familienfest at the Germanic American Institute - yes they had beer and homemade pretzels! We attended our first ever Shulanfang Ceremony where the teachers and older children welcome the new kindergartners on their lifelong learning journey. We met lots of children and parents who are all excited (some overly so) for the new school year. Nori will attend German Safari Camp this week at GAI as well and she is very excited! I will be breaking out any newly acquired vocab words here, so stay tuned...
 |
| presenting the kindergartners... |
 |
| Norelle Seltz accepts her prize |
 |
| everything's bigger in Germany |
 |
| say cheese... in German |
 |
| new friends |
 |
| SeltzBears |
 |
| morning ritual |
Boy oh boy, my girls are getting so big and cuter every day...I cannot wait to see them this weekend! The picture of them hugging just kills me...they are so darn cute! Not so sure on the German stuff... I can hardly understand Henley's English much less adding German to Nori's already incredible command of the English language... I won't be able to understand anything pretty soon. Between them growing so quickly, and everything so high tech these days, I understand what Grandma Dorothy always used to say about being so lost in how advanced everything was going. Oh well, I can still love them to pieces and watch movies with them. Lots of love, Gramsie. P.S. can't wait for the shopping trip and the birthday party!!
ReplyDelete