 |
| 2001 |
 |
| we haven't changed a bit |
Happy Anniversary to us! 18 years ago Jake tricked me in to going to rollerblading with him (he had no rollerblades, he ran) and look at us now. A little older, two glorious daughters, and very happy to be together. Some people say marriage is work but I have never experienced that. I do think life is work and it is all the other challenges and unforeseen events that are hard, but being married to Jake is easy. Long may we run! Or in our case long may we cuddle, running is strictly forbidden. Tonight we have reservations at The Bachelor Farmer and next month we will celebrate with a much anticipated trip to Spain -- viva la amor!
 |
| Mr. & Mrs. |
 |
| okay, maybe a little... |
After a low-key family weekend at home full of errands, cuddles, and chill time, my brilliant daughter suggested we go see where Mommy & Daddy were married. Today we got up early and headed to the University Club Downtown Saint Paul where we had our reception and over to the park where we played and took some photos. Nori has mastered the camera, exclaiming "
I'm a genius!" whenever she got a good shot.
 |
| our wedding ballroom (these two were not there) |
 |
| sister love |
 |
| Sunny Sunday |
 |
| posed |
 |
| making wishes |
 |
| she loves her dad |
 |
| from two to four |
How are you? Okay, now more about me. I have had a very emotional week. I realize that my babies are growing up too fast which is breaking my heart. We bought all of Nori' supplies for Kindergarten and Henny is a talking, potty-training machine (with attitude). I LOVE being a mom and having little ones in the house and I can already see how quickly this time is passing. What am I going to do when I don't have a little babe to cuddle? Boo hoo! Another bummer, my sacroiliac is acting very silly-ac causing not only pain but anxiety about the thought of life with a bum bum. It's
hard to not be able to do many of things I want to do and it is
depressing that after 2 years of every treatment known to man, I still have these pain issues. Finally, I just feel sad about my losing dad. We went to his house and it felt like going back in time...it seems he could still be there over-saturating his laundry with Tide and looking at stocks on his computer. It reminds me that everything that is a constant today will just be a memory some day. Pass the tissues! Trying to stay positive and focus on my blessings, but I think I have a lot of pent up emotions/grief that are finally pouring out which feels goods even though it feels bad.
 |
| my naughty girl |
 |
| ask for me for list of products that do not get dry erase marker out of sheets (hint: it's all of them) |
Life goes on. Up next week: last week of swimming lessons, visiting Baby Naomi & parents with dinner, and a long weekend at the cabin, just the four of us.
 |
| playdate at the park |
 |
| getting brave |
 |
| little stinker |
No comments:
Post a Comment