Sunday, July 7, 2013

loong weekend!

lucky number 7.7.77 

Happy Birthday Jake! How did I ever live without you? Or my iPhone, latex bed, and four air conditioners? (I now know how to get places and when I get there I am cool, pain-free and married!).  To honor the patriarch of our family, we went out for a gluten-free breakfast at Key's followed by a few hours in the pool at Ho's House. Jake also watched tennis and will play tennis before a birthday serenade over gluten-free tennis cupcakes. Just kidding, not tennis cupcakes but definitely gluten-free. You too could lose 12 pounds by giving up gluten and "being hungry all the time". Year 36 will be full of great things, as long as those great things do not contain gluten.

birthday brunch


we love Jake!

So nice to have long weekend at home! We started early on Wednesday to take full advantage of our time and set up our new LATEX bed! It is so awesome -- it's like laying in wet cement as the mattress molds around you, but without any nasty concrete chunks in your butt. I can already sleep on my sides again. Hallelujah!! Amen!!!

Our new bed!!! Did I mention it is latex?

On the 4th, Jake played tennis on the Aquatennial court and I did yoga at Lake of the Isles while he played with our kids and the kids of my fellow yogis. Later my preggo friend, Sarah, and her 2-year-old, Andrew, came over for ribs, salads, corn on the cob and ice cream. Go 'Merica! Later we caught up on The Bachelorette while you fools were out watching fireworks.

Patriots on the 4th

ice cream afficiado

DIY monkey tree

Friday morning the girls had their dentist appointment and we packed up and head to Fort Snelling beach for a few hours. Nori commented it was "just like Mexico". Hmm. In case you are keeping track, our kids have been to Mexico but have never been to a real movie theater or seen real fireworks.

sand scrub wrap
mud pies

doing the washing machine

I also spent some time with my Aunt Jill and Uncle Curly since Curly is having serious health issues and HELLO, I totally know all about serious health issues!! The good thing about racking up a million miles on your preferred patient card between your mom, your dad, and yourself is that you can be a Know It All when other people malfunction.  I malfunction like it is my job -- grab an ice pack and let me show you the ropes.  (I actually do have a real job, I just never talk about it).

random alley art in Uptown

What else? We attempted to take the kids out for  a relaxing dinner at French Meadow which ended up not so relaxing -- it started with an adorable Hug Momma Contest that was so sweet and super competitive and ended when Hen threw giant handful of buttered noodles directly in my face and down my dress. Kids . So cute, yet so moody.

36 years of Jake Seltz a.k.a. Toonces, Bonky, SeltzBear,

pretty in pink

Lo Lo is a fish!

Kenna is a snorkel fish

pass me a Corona with lime

Missy is quite strong

my peeps


Next week on Not So Sensible of Shoe: We finally remember to take our kids to their swimming lessons, the nanny is on vacation, and a weekend at Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells.  Plus, the most dramatic blog post in the history of Not So Sensible of Shoe (not really).


1 comment: