Sunday, June 16, 2013

hippy hippie

Homemade bug spray, acupuncture, yoga, kale chips, and now this: an organic all-natural latex bed. My mom is horrified,  I am a total hippie. You may have heard me whine about hip problems for months now, but after waking up with a swollen bursa from our fifteen year old mattress, I decided we needed a new bed. Now. I Googled "best bed for hip bursitis" and everything pointed to buying a latex mattress. However, I do not want to sleep on a synthetic chemical-filled bed for the next 20 years, so I found the SavvyRest brand that makes custom organic latex mattresses. I could have Googled "most expensive bed ever made" and I would have gotten the same result. We tested it out at MossEnvy and the salesman/owner was nice enough to point out that I do indeed have WIDE hips, no wonder I have pain.  At any rate, in 10-14 days this hippy hippie better be happy resting on two layers of all natural Dunlop latex, one layer of Talalay latex, and a wool pillow topper. And, we finally upgraded from full size to a queen!


Aunt Wendy brought these adorable princess sneaks!

group kiss


Other fun happenings include Nori's final ballet recital, visits from Gramsie, Grandpa & Grandpa, Jill, Tracy & Wendy, porch meals, a coffee date with my mom, chiropractor fun, a hair cut and color for me (Jake & I have a Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy around salon costs) and next up packing for a week at the cabin followed by a weekend in Duluth. Don't say we never leave the house, we sometimes do!


Father's Day bike ride with Daddy

all set with her electronic device guaranteed to prevent any glimpses of annoying nature

Henny was not having it

this looks more fun than it is

a one kid ride

breakfast at the Birchwood Cafe -- lattes for everyone!

Happy Fathers Day to our wonderful Daddy!  I am very thankful for Jake and what a dedicated father he is to our girls. He practices full contact parenting: making meals, giving baths, cutting nails, grocery shopping, reading books, playing Polly Pockets, and giving lots of hugs & kisses. Our girls know he will be always there for them, giving them structure and big big love. I could not make this journey without you!

triplets

Happy Father's Day to Grandpa Steve who is always up for babysitting, making bacon, listening to my made-up sports terms, visiting his baseball cards in the safety deposit box at the bank, or taking a  trip to the DQ for a cone or three. We are so lucky to have you!!


Papa as a cat

Happy Father's Day to Papa Michael who has been keeping it weird for 80 years. There is no one quite like you -- you are not normal!!

two days before he passed, Jake captured this photo

This year I remember my dad who has been gone nearly three months, weakened by a terrible disease at only 60. We had our best years together recently -- the last year in particular we grew very close and shared fun times, important feelings, and went through the medical odyssey together. As sad as I am that the time is over, I am so happy we had those months to connect and really get to know each other better. I miss you and love you, Dad!


2 comments:

  1. I think I have hip bursitis. And I blame my kids.
    Let me know what you think of the new mattress.

    That is a really special picture of you and your dad. I'm glad you have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Father's Day to all the great daddies in your life.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete