Wednesday, December 17, 2014

It's not you, it's me

I just want to be friends. I am so busy right now, I am not sure I have time for a relationship. And by busy I mean swimming at the Y with the Greatest Generation, binge eating, dance parties, letting our freak flags fly, distracting Jake from my latte purchases (I list it as a "medical expense" because I feel like I am going to die when I don't have one), neglecting my German studies in favor of watching The Wire, somehow feeling both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time, booking a vacation to Mexico, sending Christmas cards, wrapping gifts, making gingerbread houses, and snuggling my kiddos. Maybe we will get back together in 2015, who knows?

good enough

Let us all tune out commercialism and remember the real reason for the Christmas season: cake balls.



1 comment:

  1. Tell me about Mexico, I am helping plan a trip with friends and need advice on where to go.
    Love the tree photo!
    Now go have a cocktail with McNutty.

    ReplyDelete