Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My dad's birthday

PanCAN Conference September 2011
Today would have been my dad's 61st birthday. The girls and I sang Happy Birthday to him this morning over breakfast cereal. Henny calls that song Happy Toot Toot since she hears "Happy birthday toot toot" instead of "to you".  Pancreatic cancer is widely known as one of the most deadly cancers with only a 5% survival rate at 5 years post diagnosis. Even in 2013, there are very few people who can beat this disease, even with early detection. On the Palbicki side we have lost my Great Grandpa Jack, Dad's Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Rick, and  Bill, plus Grandma Audrey on my mom's side.  I am NOT happy that it runs in my family and want to help raise funds to find a cure before anyone else gets it.  I will be making a donation to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network  in his name today. If you have not already donated, please join me!

with Dr. Selwyn Vickers (his surgeon) and another survivor

his favorite nurses



1 comment: